Author’s rights are governed by a number of international agreements as well as through the Federal Copyright Law.
In Switzerland, authors’ rights, neighbouring rights and collective management are governed by the Federal Copyright Law (FCL) and corresponding ordinance (URV). The following international agreements are binding:
- the Revised Berne Convention (RBÜ)
- the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs agreement)
- the WIPO Copyright Treaty (WCT)
- the WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty (WPPT)
- the Rome Convention for the Protection of Performers, Producers of Phonograms and Broadcasting Organisations.